Sunday, March 16, 2008

Reawakening

Today at lunch Jenn and I were out to eat with Andrew and Heather and as is often the case the conversation turned to religion. We each told our stories of when the Holy Spirit entered our lives, for me it was during Chrysallis during my junior year of high school.

From this discussion Andrew and Heather invited me to their church service and movie night with friends afterwards. Since Jenn has to be a hermit this weekend because of exams I accepted because I have been looking to try their church because I have been introduced to many of the young couples and it seems that they have a lit of fun together.

I must say that I have not been so moved in a long time during a church service. The message was right up my alley of thinking in that it incorporated a lot of the theology with much of the historical context of the early church. I think that I would really like to start going to this service on Saturday nights and then to mass on Sundays as well.

I was raised Methodist and started going to the catholic church with Jenn during college. When this happened I remember having a sense of "wow,this is really interesting and I can definately feel the Holy Spirit in this place." After a few years I have started to fall into a routine which is not what I want. I think that going back to the Methodist church is giving me that spark in my religious journey again. I feel at home there.

I think I am also really becoming some what of an extrovert because I am really enjoying meeting and hanging out with new people. This happened tonight when we went to a couples house and played Rock Band. This was my first time playing this or guitar hero and I must say that although I started out hesitant I really enjoyed it and might just have to look into the for myself.

God bless
Josh

Sent from mobile device.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Hey Josh! Thanks for sending the link to your blog. It's nice to "hear" from you:) outside of seeing you and Jenn 3 times a year! It sounds like you have a lot of interesting and challenging things going on right now- good for you for taking the time to reflect on them. And, sidenote: "Business Time" cracks us up regularly.
Be well!