Friday, March 28, 2008

Past Few Days

Well to keep you updated I have had a busy few days this cool spring break. I had a wonderful time visiting my parents for a few days down in the ol' BG. We always have a great time together, but it is so hard to leave and I wish that we didn't live so far apart. It was not fully decided when I left Athens if I would come home Thursday or Friday, however I decided to come back late Thursday. I did not tell Jenn however. When I got home I tried to sneak into the house but she heard the door and quickly closed the blind to her office hoping the noise would just go away. She then heard the lock and quickly came out to see if it was locked and then ran to the other end of the house. I had to quickly let myself inside because I was afraid she was going to call 911. She was completely scared, so my goal was achieved.

Today Jenn and I delivered food to a few needy families in the area. This is a nice grounding experience and reminds you just how fortunate we are. One of the families had a little girl who was two and half years old who acted like she was barely a year. We both felt she had failure to thrive and were very saddened by this encounter. Tonight we had a few couples over for dinner, including a four day old child named, Elijah. This was my first experience holding such a young little person and what do you know, he didn't break, maybe I could do the whole parent thing.

No comments: